Thursday, September 18, 2014

Melbourne Holiday - Day 2

Day two of our holiday dawned with a bright sun over the hills with a promise of what was to come!

And what did come was a stunning early spring day, clear blue skies, warm temperatures and beautiful landscapes! I made the most of the beautiful day and went for a nice long walk! 
The Victorian coast line was so lovely, and so different to WA coast line. During my walk I soaked up all the lovely sights and could feel myself relaxing after a couple of busy weeks at work.
In my 30 week pregnant state I huffed and puffed my way up to the lighthouse and was pleased that I did! It gave another great perspective of the Victorian coast line.... unfortunately it was all too soon that I needed to head back to the holiday house so we could get on with the day's adventures!
After a very busy first day we had no major plans for day two of our holiday. So Jason suggested a drive to Apollo Bay for lunch. 

The roads were very reminiscent of NZ (and light years apart from WA roads).... windy, narrow and lots of speed restricted corners. But the landscape was stunning. We had a few photo stops along the way.
Unfortunately my passenger on board wasn't playing ball and I just wasn't comfortable at all so we never made it to Apollo Bay - instead we stopped at Wye River and had a great play in the rock pools and a lovely lunch.
Once we got home, I couldn't resist a few shots of the calla lillies on the side of the deck at the holiday house! My old favourite flowers!


Apart from the rib pain and motion sickness for me, it was a wonderful day! It was great seeing Ethan with loving the time spent with his grandparents and aunties and it was what the doctor ordered for Jason and I - time away from work and "real life"....stay tuned for more about our holiday!

No comments: