Friday, May 9, 2014

What do you do when unable to go to daycare - visit a reptile farm of course!

 Last Friday Ethan was unable to go to daycare due to a suspected case of conjunctivitis. Jason stayed home with him in the morning and I took the afternoon shift. When I got home I asked Ethan what he wanted to do and he said that he wanted to visit a farm with Snakes and Rhinos....which is essentially the zoo. However I had been meaning to take him to a reptile farm here for a while so I thought it was an opportune time to go so we headed out for an "adventure" (Ethan likes adventures).

We were the only ones at the park so we spent a good half hour exploring the snake and lizard enclosure.
The snake keeper then bought out some lizards and snakes for Ethan to hold, while doing so he taught both Ethan and I lots of things about snakes and what to do if you come across a snake.

I think Ethan was a little uncertain about the lizards tongue!
 Ethan was so brave with the snakes though - here he is with the little snake.
 And here he is with the bigger snake! My heart was in my throat the whole time and I had to fight all my instincts to not grab Ethan away from the snake!
 After the snakes and lizards the keeper bought out a dingo for us to pat and then Ethan and I were left to explore.

We saw crocodiles, peacocks, wombats, a fox and some kangaroos.

Soon it was time to head home, but not without a stop at the Margaret River Chocolate Factory for an ice cream!

No comments: