Saturday, May 11, 2013

From vegetarian to....Roast lamb!!!

 Those of you that know us well know that for a long time Ethan was essentially a self regulated vegetarian.... we put meat in front of him and he didn't eat it. My GP says its pretty rare for this to happen and to just keep offering him meat. We think it was because of his massive tonsils, making it difficult to swallow meat, however we will never really know the reason!

About a month ago Ethan started showing a bit more interest in meat, especially meat on the bone... so we started eating a lot of lamb and pork cutlets and chicken drumsticks.

While we were in NZ we had a roast lamb... and wanting to see whether he would take after his mama, I gave him the leg of lamb....

At first he was like "what do I do with this mama??"...
But a little bit of experimentation...
 And his expert mama on hand to show him the way...
 Ethan took to it like a duck to water!
 He was oblivious to the camera (and the joyous laughter of his mum, dad, grandparents and aunts).

 Ethan got really stuck in to the lamb! Making his mama very proud (I have a feeling his Poppy Dalziell will be equally impressed with these efforts)... 
 Starting to get a little tired now!
 No I'm not, I'm back for more!
 Why didn't I eat meat before now!
There's nothing like a good roast lamb!

No comments: