Saturday, December 1, 2012

I love...

Dear Ethan,

Last weekend you turned 18 months old and it got me thinking about all the things I love about being your mum. I am going to read this list out at your 18th Birthday (I hope you aren't embarrassed in front of all your friends!).

This is what I love about being your mum:
  1. I love the feeling of your little arms wrapped around my neck.
  2. I love the feeling of your little hand in mine as we walk along (when you let me hold your hand of course).
  3. I love it how your face lights up when you see me.
  4. I love it when you run towards me as fast as you can and do a running jump into a hug.
  5. I love watching you and your Daddy play.
  6. I love watching your Daddy teach you new things.
  7. I love your belly laugh, the one that comes out when you are most happy - like the time Daddy gave both you and me a horsey ride around the lounge.
  8. I love how you pronounciate your favourite words: zjuuise, scheesze, yawyo, heeyaw, zschooze, and mooooore (juice, cheese, yellow, hello, shoes and more).
  9. I love your fascination with shoes, I love how the three of us have to wear the same type of shoes- whether its running shoes or jandals. I love it how you can change your mind about your shoes 10 times a day.
  10. I love your cheeky grin/look when you know what you are doing is naughty, but you decide to do it anyway.
  11. I love your turned down mouth when we growl you and you try not to cry.
  12. I love the pure joy you have at the smallest things.
  13. I love it how you want to copy everything we do.
  14. I love it how you always want to help, whether its mopping or sweeping the floor or emptying the dishes. I hope that I can still say this when you are 18 years old :-)
  15. I love it how independent and experimental you are.
  16. I love the tiny birthmarks on the back of your neck and on your forearm.
  17. I love the way that you can make my heart feel so full when I look at you.
  18. I love everything about YOU!
Ethan, I love you more than words can say! But most of all, I love it how you love me unconditionally - whether I have my worst clothes on or my best clothes on, whether my hair is done or not, you do your running hugs to me after I have showered and straight after I have been running! That unconditional love means so much to your mum!

Love Mummy xxx

3 comments:

kz5042 said...

I'll hold you to that. Very cool

kz5042 said...

I'll hold you to that. Very cool

kz5042 said...

I'll hold you to that. Very cool