Monday, January 23, 2012

Project 52: Week 3

summer – /suhm-er/ –noun

  • the season between spring and autumn, in the Northern Hemisphere from the summer solstice to the autumnal equinox, and in the Southern Hemisphere from the winter solstice to the vernal equinox.
This week's challenge was a big challenge for me. I was able to take photos around the house (and nearby) for weeks 1 and 2. But the "summer" theme meant I needed to go a little further afield. This was a tough one with the temperatures that we have been having, Ethan's general unsettledness and a really busy week.

This is what the coming week looks like for Perth weather wise:



What this means in reality is just wanting to stay at home and hide in the air conditioning. It also means incredibly bright days. It is really hard to get good photos on a 40 degree day!

Anyway, halfway through the week I wasn't certain that I would even get any summer photos worth publishing. But I persisted and here we are. By request, I have also added the settings for each photo.

In third place is the jandals. While its not a technically amazing photo there is nothing that makes me think of summer more than wearing jandals (sorry about the unattractive toes, my foot model was unavailable at the rates I was prepared to pay haha)...

(1/200s, ISO 200, f16.0, 47.0mm)

In second place is this beach snap. Now I had a very unwilling model for this shot, apparently its not cool to do star jumps at the beach, but I really like it!
(1/400s, ISO 200, f13.0, 50.0mm)

In first place is the umbrella!
(1/160s, ISO 200, f96.0, 24.0mm)

I did have a fourth photo that I really, really wanted to publish but I have broken the rules already and this challenge is as much about making decisions as it is about taking the photos! But I am going to use that photo in another blog post about the weekend so you will still get to see it.

Stay tuned for week four, the topic is vegetables!

No comments: