Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fitness and health update

On September 2 I posted about wanting to get fit and healthy again, it that post I noted that my specific goals for the next three months were to lose 10kg and get fit enough to be able to run 20-25km easily in a session!

Well it has been 7 weeks and I have lost 9.8kg of the 10kg I wanted to lose and my running is really starting to come along. I ran nearly 50km in total last week and 10km runs are really comfortable now. So for the next 5 weeks of my three month health and well-being quest I aim to get the running distance up to around the 20-25 km mark for my long run session of the week.

I have found a great gym group that I go to 3 times a week (based at a Thai Kickboxing Gym). We are all mothers and most of us take our kids with us to the gym. The sessions are all different and can be thai kickboxing, boxing, boot camp style (i.e. dragging tyres, hitting tractor tyres with sledgehammers, carrying drainpipes above our heads filled with water etc), a mix of cardio and strength work (i.e. 1km run, followed by 40 pressups, then a 400 run, followed by 50 tricep dips etc) or just plain strength work. It is a great gym to go to and all the girls are really supportive.

Ethan and I then go running with a girl from our Mothers group on Tuesdays and Thursdays and Jason, Ethan and I go running on Saturdays.

If I can't make any of these sessions (i.e. if Ethan is sleeping) then I do a windtrainer/skipping super session out on our back patio.

So it is all coming together and I am feeling great.

No comments: