Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Natalie and Deano's wedding

During March 2010 I went back to New Zealand for a second wedding, this time is was for Natalie and Deano (triathlon buddies). Jason didn't make it back for this trip as we had only been home for about 3 weeks!

I was lucky enough to get ready with the girls (Natalie, Kendal and Tina). While they were being pampered at the hairdressers (where they had hair, makeup and nails done) I was able to catch up on the last two years!

From the hairdressers we went back to finish getting ready at the Bolton Hotel is an amazing suite. Natalie looked beautiful.
Natalie's sister was originally going to be the usher, but as she was going to fly out from the United Kingdom, there was the unfortunate Volcano eruption... for a while there is was touch and go, but Fiona made it to Wellington by 2.15pm on the day of the wedding after a trip via Singapore and Sydney. Needless to say Fiona's jobs from the wedding were reallocated. I helped out with the ushering and after a minor mishap of going to the wrong church on hill st I was all set. It provided a good opportunity to catch up with everyone as well. Here are the girls getting ready to head into the church.The ceremony itself was lovely, here are a couple of pics for you...Here is the bridal party leaving the Church after the wedding ceremony.
The reception was held at the Miramar Golf Club. I didn't take many photos of this part of the night, but did get the cake cutting.
All in all it was a lovely wedding, with poignant and funny speeches. It was also a lovely opportunity to catch up with some old friends. I enjoyed being back in Wellington for the weekend, although I didn't get anywhere near as much done as I had hoped and I really got thrown by the time difference this trip, sleeping about 7 hours over 4 days!!! Needless to say, the following week at work was pretty tough!

No comments: