Thursday, October 8, 2009

Countdown to Perth World Champs race...

16 days to go until my second World Championships of the year, the Long Distance World Championships which are being held in my new home town Perth. For more information check out the website: http://www.ldworlds.org.au

The race distances are 3km swim, 80km cycle and a 20km run. All based in and around the CBD of Perth.

During this most recent training block my body clock has changed considerably. As we get up three days a week for swimming at 5am, my body seems to think that it should wake up in between 4am and 5am every day of the week. The upside of this is I get a lot of my training done in the mornings. The downside of this is being practically asleep by 6pm each night. Poor Jason, I think I have kicked him out of the computer room (part of the bedroom) at 7.30pm for the past week so that I can go to sleep...

In terms of my training my swimming has recently had a massive boost. I am swimming like I never have before, I have been promoted to the fastest lane at swim squad and I just feel so strong in the water right now. My lane at swim squad practically kicked me out as I was too fast for them... I love swimming right now and can't seem to get enough of it at all.

I have been having a bit of a love hate relationship with the bike recently. I am not training very well on the bike and I hope that it doesn't impede me in the Worlds. I just am not motivated for the hard work on the bike right now.

Running is generally going well apart from a small ankle/foot niggle... I am seeing the podiatrist tomorrow so fingers crossed I can still run etc for the next few training sessions.

This weekend is my last big weekend of training with a 5 hour ride, 5km run and swim squad (total 5km) on Saturday. Sunday is a 2 hour ride, 90 min run with intervals and a open water swim. Next week it starts to taper down to freshen up the legs before the big day.

1 comment:

Mike Taylor said...

r not loving the bike Jac??? HUH?!?! I think you 2 need to come over to get an injection of the Wellington hills on that bike girl!!

Great to hear the swimming is going well! kick some international ass on the day girl!!! Good luck and go hard!! I'll put up a banner in our room for you on race day!!