Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Wellington Triathlon Championships...

The Wellington Triathlon Championships were held on Sunday 30th March. A VERY wet and windy day. It was a train through race for me so i wasn't expecting great times at all. My instructions were to get the lead on the bike and then peg it back. I did just that.

Here I am coming into the bike transition:



  • Swim, approx 23.30 ish (I think)… I was pleased with swim today… I came into transition and Deb Trendle and Emily Buskirk were both still there (I usually have to catch them on the bike).
  • Bike, SLOW ride today. In hindsight disappointed in time of around 1.14. Just didn’t know where that came from at all. The wind was slightly stronger than I anticipated but I wasn’t that tired from the week and expected to ride about 1.12 today. I didn’t smash it though as I had lead on the other female racers.
  • Run- 45.07 for the 10.6km. I am actually pretty pleased with how the run went, about the same split time as nationals and 600m longer. I felt really good in the second lap and felt that my running form was good.
  • Overall place: 1st female.

No comments: