Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Bring on the bike....

So its now time to say goodbye to the running phase of my training and welcome the cycling phase... I need to re-acquaint myself with the trusty old GT (my bike for those of you that don't know) and start cycling 4 times a week. This is going to be a real shock to the system as I have been riding just once or twice a week for the last few months!

So this week I have rides planned for Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday and you wouldn't believe it but the Dom Post forecast is:

Tues: Cloudy, showers this evening as southerly strengthens.
Thurs: Afternoon southerly change with showers.
Sat: Afternoon southerly change with Rain.

So I guess that its time to get used to riding in the cold and rain! Its been so long. Hmm I may have to use it as an excuse to buy new cycling gear!

All that aside I am really looking forward to the next phase of my training, my weeks will look like this over the coming weeks:

M: AM swim, Lunch/PM run
T: AM swim squad, PM cycle
W: PM long run
T: AM swim squad, PM cycle
F: Lunch run
S: AM Swim/Bike, PM run
S: AM long ride (up to 6 hours), PM yoga

Jason's training has also shifteed up a gear, he is now swimming 7 times a week up to a total of 35km. This week he has:

M: AM 3km swim
T: AM swim squad 4km
W: PM 2km swim
T: AM swim squad 3km
F: AM 3km swim
S: AM 4.5km Swim
S: AM long continuous swim: 2 hours


So we really have to work hard to schedule our week so that all 20 training sessions can be done (and so that we can get to the training sessions with just 1 car), we also need to work hard to keep our house semi tidy, make sure the groceries get bought and ensure that we get to spend some time together. The great news is our scheduled light weeks fall at the same time for this round of training- from17 - 23 September. Jason still has 6 swims and I still have 10 sessions that week but we should have a little more time :-)

Anyway that's all for now. Please all pray to the weather gods for a fine spring :-)

No comments: